Standout Virtual Events: How to Create an Experience That Your Audience Will Love by David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy
About the Author
David Meerman Scott is a marketing and business growth strategist, entrepreneur, adviser to emerging companies, author and public speaker.
He spotted the real-time marketing revolution in its infancy and wrote five books about it including The New Rules of Marketing and PR, now in a 7th edition, available in 29 languages from Albanian to Vietnamese.
His most recent Wall Street Journal best-selling book, Fanocracy: Turning Fans Into Customers and Customers Into Fans, written with his daughter Reiko, was released in early 2020 from Portfolio Penguin Random House.
David considers speaking his art. He cannot sing, dance, or play a musical instrument, but he loves to perform on a stage or at a virtual event. He’s delivered in-person events in 46 countries and on all 7 continents and has delivered presentations at hundreds of virtual events.
Standout Virtual Events is his 12th book.
And, interesting fact: David has attended 804 live music performances including 75 by the Grateful Dead!
About the Book
Everyone wonders what the future holds for events if people are unable to travel or gather in large groups in the short term, and how the industry may be impacted in the long term. One thing we know for sure: Whether you are an event organizer or speaker, your business is changing.
Unfortunately, when experienced events folks move into the virtual setting, they often try to replicate what works for in-person events. However, what works on a stage rarely translates well to digital. To succeed in virtual events we need to reimagine what is possible.
In this essential guide, David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy share newly emerging best practices in virtual events. As speakers at, and organizers of, virtual events, they have unique opportunities to speak with people in many different aspects of the events business to learn what works.
Here, they offer concise, practical guidance you can quickly put into practice, including:
- Making Connections in a Socially Distant World
- Understanding the Purpose of Running a Virtual Event
- Critical Differences Between In Person and Virtual Events
- Building Audience Interaction
- Six Key Benefits to Hosting Virtual Events
- Format, Features, and Platform Considerations
- Speaker Preparation for Virtual Events
- The Business of Virtual Events
- The Cost of Producing a Virtual Event
- How To Run A Great Virtual Event
Whether you are a seasoned event organizer, a speaker making the transition to virtual events, or just getting your first event off the ground, this guide will equip you with everything you need to run a great virtual event.
Listen to the Interview…
- Standout Virtual Events: How to Create an Experience That Your Audience Will Love by David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy (Amazon)
- David Meerman Scott (website)
- David Meerman Scott (LinkedIn)
- David Meerman Scott: Announcing My New Book Available Now: Standout Virtual Events
Virtual Events vs In-Person Events: How Do They Compare?
New Marketing Mastery: the Online Learning Program from David Meerman Scott
David Meerman Scott – Previous Marketing Book Podcast Interviews
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly (7th edition) by David Meerman Scott
- David Meerman Scott: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- Fanocracy: Turning Fans into Customers and Customers into Fans by David Meerman Scott and Reiko Scott
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly by David Meerman Scott
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History by David Meerman Scott and Brian Halligan
- The New Rules of Sales and Service: How to Use Agile Selling, Real-Time Customer Engagement, Big Data, Content, and Storytelling to Grow Your Business by David Meerman Scott
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.