Account-Based Growth: Unlocking Sustainable Value Through Extraordinary Customer Focus by Bev Burgess and Tim Shercliff
About the Book
Develop long-term relationships, deliver market-beating growth, and create sustainable value with this pragmatic guide to aligning marketing, sales, customer success, and your executives around your most important customers.
Many B2B companies make half their profitable revenue from just three percent of their customers, yet don’t recognize the significance of these accounts, nor invest appropriately in them.
Account-Based Growth introduces a comprehensive framework for improving internal alignment and external engagement with these vital few.
It contains bullet-pointed takeaways at the end of each chapter and a comprehensive checklist to help you improve your company’s approach to its most important customers.
Each framework element is brought to life through viewpoints from industry experts and case studies from leading organizations including Accenture, Fujitsu, Infosys, SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Telstra.
About the Author
Bev Burgess is passionate about the critical role marketing can play in accelerating business growth.
Her specialism is the marketing and selling of business services, built through a combination of postgraduate study and the privilege of working with 40 of the world’s most influential firms, primarily in the technology and professional services sectors.
Bev’s background includes senior marketing roles at British Gas, Epson, and Fujitsu, and she was a Senior Vice President at ITSMA, where she led the global ABM Practice and ITSMA’s European operations for many years. Bev first codified ABM as a marketing strategy while managing director of ITSMA Europe in 2003.
Today Bev is a Founder and Managing Principal at Inflexion Group, delivering thought leadership, consulting, and training to companies around the world that are designing, developing, and implementing account-based growth programs.
Bev holds an MBA in strategic marketing and a BSc Honours degree in business and ergonomics. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has served as an international trustee.
Her first book, Marketing Technology as a Service, was published by Wiley in 2010, exploring proven techniques to create value through services based on an infrastructure of technology.
Her most recent, A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing (with Dave Munn, Kogan Page 2021, 2017) explains how to use ABM to accelerate growth in strategic accounts. Both editions of that book were featured on The Marketing Book Podcast episodes 117 and 373 with Dave Munn.
Executive Engagement Strategies, published by Kogan Page in 2020, explains how to have conversations that deepen executive relationships and build sustainable growth with key clients.
And, interesting fact – she was a competitive ballroom dancer!
Listen to the Interview…
- Account-Based Growth: Unlocking Sustainable Value Through Extraordinary Customer Focus by Bev Burgess and Tim Shercliff (Amazon)
- Inflexion Group
- Bev Burgess (LinkedIn)
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts (2nd Edition) by Bev Burgess and Dave Munn (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight into Your Customer’s Expectations, Align Your Marketing Strategies, and Win More Business by Adele Revella (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million by Mark Roberge (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Customer-Base Audit: The First Step on the Journey to Customer Centricity by Peter Fader, Bruce Hardie and Michael Ross (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: Beyond Professionalism to Creativity, Leadership, and Sustainability by Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Den Huan Hooi, and Jacky Mussry (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Malcolm McDonald on Marketing Planning: Understanding Marketing Plans and Strategy by Malcolm McDonald (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Malcolm McDonald on Key Account Management by Malcolm McDonald and Beth Rogers
- Malcolm McDonald on Value Propositions: How to Develop Them, How to Quantify Them by Malcolm McDonald and Grant Oliver (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Transforming the B2B Buyer Journey: Maximize Brand Value, Improve Conversion Rates And Build Loyalty by Antonia Wade
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions