Prove It: Exactly How Modern Marketers Earn Trust by Melanie Deziel with Phil M. Jones
About the Book
Your brand is on trial―here’s how to win your case.
You know your company is amazing. You say your company is amazing.
But why should your customers believe you? In a crowded consumer courtroom full of shady advertisers all claiming to be the best, the fastest, the most caring, your brand is literally on trial―and that means you better deliver the proof.
In Prove It, StoryFuel founder Melanie Deziel and master of influence Phil M. Jones show you how to leverage every content marketing tool in the box to blast through doubt and win the case with your customers.
Using real-world examples from trusted brands across dozens of industries, they’ll walk you step-by-step through the process of identifying and categorizing your business promises―even the ones you don’t realize you’re making―gathering the right evidence, and backing up each style of claim.
You’ll learn how to apply strategies like corroboration, demonstration, and education to a marketing context to show―not tell!―the convenience of your offerings, your comparability with the competition, your connection to your community, your competence in your industry, and your commitment to your values.
And you’ll discover the right format and platform to deliver each type of evidence to make sure your “jury of consumers” connects with your case.
It’s time to stand out from all the brands that shout “trust us, we’re great!” at a skeptical audience. Your customers are waiting for you to prove it.
About the Author
Melanie Deziel is a keynote speaker, award-winning content creator, and lifelong storyteller on a mission to share the power of compelling and credible content with others.
She is the author of the bestselling marketing and business communications book The Content Fuel Framework: How to Generate Unlimited Story Ideas (featured on episode 279 of The Marketing Book Podcast), and co-founder of The Convoy, a B2B marketplace that pools the buying power of independently owned businesses to help negotiate discounts on expenses.
From page 7 of Prove It
I served as the first-ever editor of branded content at the New York Times, where I coached our advertisers on how to create compelling content that our audience would value. As a consultant, I’ve helped Fortune 100 companies implement content strategies that focus more on the audience’s needs and interests than on their lifetime value as a customer. And I’ve been lucky enough to stand on stages around the world, delivering keynotes and workshops on this very topic to audiences filled with sales professionals, small business owners, and marketers from every industry, background, and walk of life.
And, interesting facts: she can communicate with American sign language, and she was a state-level javelin thrower!
(that is not Melanie Deziel)
Listen to the Interview…
- Prove It: Exactly How Modern Marketers Earn Trust by Melanie Deziel with Phil M. Jones (Amazon)
- Prove It (Book website)
- Melanie Deziel (LinkedIn)
- Melanie Deziel (Twitter)
- The Content Fuel Framework: How to Generate Unlimited Story Ideas by Melanie Deziel (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Exactly What to Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact by Phil M. Jones (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Exactly How to Sell: The Sales Guide for Non-Sales Professionals by Phil M. Jones (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Think. Do. Say.: How to Seize Attention and Build Trust in a Busy, Busy World by Ron Tite (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Catherine Reed, Shaker’s Family Ford Lincoln, Watertown, Connecticut
- EVERYBODY WRITES: Your New and Improved Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content (2nd Edition) by Ann Handley
- Total ANNARCHY – click here to sign up for Ann Handly’s newsletter
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions