The Time to Win: How to Exceed Your Customers’ Need for Speed by Jay Baer
About the Book
Jay Baer recently launched a comprehensive, proprietary research study to measure the relationship between responsiveness and revenue.
The key finding: We care about time (and how we spend it) more than ever.
Speed has always been an important part of the customer experience. But the research suggests it’s now the single most important component.
Today, 2/3 of customers say that speed is as important as price.
If you give your customers time, they will give you money.
And if you cost your customers time, it will cost you money.
And that’s why, instead of writing a full-length book that asks you to devote five or more hours to it, Jay Baer created this concise mini-book.
This is truly The Time to Win. Business leaders have a massive opportunity to lean into speed and responsiveness throughout the customer journey and use it as a competitive edge.
You’ve no doubt heard the adage: Good, Fast, Cheap – pick any two.
Today, you can decide whether you want to be fast and inexpensive, or fast and high quality. But being fast is not optional.
Because today, we interpret speed as caring, don’t we?
If a business or organization (or friend, spouse, colleague, or offspring) responds more rapidly, we interpret that as them caring more about us and our issue.
This means that, in your business, if you can outperform your competition in responsiveness, you can gain and keep more customers than they do.
In this short, but meaty book, Jay Baer gives you the 6-piece Time to Win framework. It includes specific recommendations–with examples–for how, why, when, and where to optimize your responsiveness inside your organization.
Jay has trained thousands of business leaders on this framework, and it’s in use today in organizations everywhere who understand that The Time to Win starts….NOW.
About the Author
Jay Baer is a 7th-generation entrepreneur, New York Times best-selling author of seven books, and founder of six multi-million dollar companies.
In 2023, he was named a Top 30 Global Guru in both Customer Experience and Marketing.
Jay has advised more than 700 brands in his career, including Nike, Oracle, Hilton, The United Nations, and 40 of the FORTUNE 500.
He is an inductee into the professional speaking and word-of-mouth marketing halls of fame.
Jay has authored or co-authored among the best-selling business books of all time in the categories of digital marketing, customer service, customer experience, and business growth.
He has been named to more than 50 top global business influencer lists.
And, interesting fact – he is one of the world’s most popular tequila influencers!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Time to Win: How to Exceed Your Customers’ Need for Speed by Jay Baer
- JayBaerBook.com (The Time to Win – exclusive 3-pack with printed slipcover)
- Jay Baer (tequila website)
- Jay Baer (LinkedIn)
- Jay Baer (Twitter)
- Fans First: Change The Game, Break The Rules & Create An Unforgettable Experience by Jesse Cole (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Never Lose an Employee Again: The Simple Path to Remarkable Retention by Joey Coleman (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Point: How to Win with Clarity-Fueled Communications by Steve Woodruff
- Jay Baer’s previous interviews on The Marketing Book Podcast
- Jay Baer: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer & Daniel Lemin
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is About Help Not Hype by Jay Baer
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions