Get Your Startup Story Straight: The Definitive Storytelling Framework for Innovators and Entrepreneurs by David Riemer
About the Book
In a world that’s been turned upside down by a pandemic, social upheavals, environmental disasters, and economic disruptions, the need for reinvention is paramount.
While many entrepreneurs and innovators have brilliant ideas, they desperately need the skills to successfully articulate their vision to investors, prospective customers, employees, and stakeholders.
In this informative and empowering book, David Riemer breaks down the storytelling clutter so you can gain the attention you need to be successful.
Storytelling is foundational. If you have a groundbreaking invention in mind or have a plan to solve worldwide problems, Get Your Startup Story Straight is the tool you need to create better customer-focused solutions, motivate more backers to your project, and ultimately dominate in the market.
Broken down into three acts, this book will allow you to discover the building blocks of your narrative, the storytelling techniques to convey your ideas clearly, and the archetypes for inspiration.
The author’s own words tell it all: “Innovators are ubiquitous nowadays, and for this community, storytelling is essential.”
If you are a creator struggling to get others on board, this is the handbook to refine your story to guide your product strategy, shape your company, and ultimately improve lives.
About the Author
David Riemer has worked in the center of the global hub of innovation—the San Francisco Bay Area—for most of his professional life.
He has spent forty years telling stories as a marketing and advertising executive at J. Walter Thompson, Yahoo!, and several startups.
Today he is an executive-in-residence at Berkeley-Haas School of Business, advising teams at Bay Area accelerators, and running storytelling training at Google, SAP, Salesforce, Netflix, Bose, Kaiser Permanente, and Abbot Labs.
He holds a BA from Brown University and an MBA from Columbia University.
And, interesting fact – he produces theater and serves as Chair of the Board of the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
Listen to the Interview…
- Get Your Startup Story Straight: The Definitive Storytelling Framework for Innovators and Entrepreneurs by David Riemer (Amazon)
- David Riemer (website)
- David Riemer (LinkedIn)
- David Riemer (Twitter)
- Cuyana (Women’s Premium Essentials)
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Creating Signature Stories: Strategic Messaging that Energizes, Persuades and Inspires by David Aaker (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Wired for Story: The Writer’s Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human by Jonathan Gottschall
- Rotimatic (World’s #1 Robotic Roti Maker)
- What Customers Hate: Drive Fast and Scalable Growth by Eliminating the Things that Drive Business Away by Nicholas Webb (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- FRICTION―The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage by Roger Dooley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story by Peter Guber
- Story: Style, Structure, Substance, and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee
- The Sixth Man: A Memoir by Andre Iguodala with Carvell Wallace
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.