Get the Word Out: Write a Book That Makes a Difference by Anne Janzer
About the Author
Anne Janzer is an award-winning author, non-fiction writing coach, and unabashed writing geek on a mission to help people make a positive impact with their writing. She supports and encourages writers, authors, and marketers through her books, blog posts, online courses, webinars, and teaching.
Her writing-related books explore the science and practice of effective writing. They include The Writer’s Process, The Workplace Writers Process, and Writing to Be Understood, all three of which have won multiple awards.
Before she started writing books, Anne worked as a freelance marketing writer, working with more than a hundred technology businesses to articulate positioning and messaging in crowded markets. This work led to her first book, Subscription Marketing, which has been translated into multiple languages.
Anne is a graduate of Stanford University.
And, interesting fact – She attended the same high school as Humphrey Bogart, George W. Bush, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, and Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes!
About the Book
What message do you want or need to share with the world? Are you ready to add your voice to the conversation, expand your impact, and influence others as an author?
Write the book you want to see in the world.
Get the Word Out is a guide to writing a nonfiction book or memoir grounded in a sense of purpose.
This practical and inspiring book offers advice for every phase of the journey, from clarifying your concept and owning your authority to drafting the manuscript and doing the important work after publishing.
Whether you’re an industry thought leader seeking to expand your impact or someone with a tiny following and a big idea, this book will help you approach your book project with clarity, confidence, and commitment:
- Clarity about your message, your audience, and your vision for the work
- Confidence in your expertise, authority, and ability to write the book
- Commitment to see the book through to publication and spread the word beyond
If you’re looking for a quick-and-easy recipe or a promise of a best-seller, you won’t find it here. You will find suggested exercises, original research from a survey of hundreds of nonfiction authors, and stories and advice from other authors who have written meaningful, purposeful books.
Many authors report that they wish they’d written their books sooner. What are you waiting for?
Read this book now and start getting your word out.
Listen to the Interview…
- Get the Word Out: Write a Book That Makes a Difference by Anne Janzer (Amazon)
- Anne Janzer (website)
- Anne Janzer (LinkedIn)
- Ideas, Influence, and Income: Write a Book, Build Your Brand, and Lead Your Industry by Tanya Hall (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Subscription Marketing: Strategies for Nurturing Customers in a World of Churn by Anne Janzer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Writing to Be Understood: What Works and Why by Anne Janzer (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Anne Janzer: Authors in Quarantine Getting Cocktails
- You Are What You Risk: The New Art and Science of Navigating an Uncertain World by Michele Wucker
- Anne Janzer’s Writing Practices list sign-up
- Non-fiction Author Survey Results
- May 13, 2021 Marketing Book Podcast LIVE Clubhouse w/Anne Janzer
What if you could monitor your website’s SEO health, backlinks, and organic rankings at no cost?
Now you can.
Sign up for the Free Ahrefs Webmaster Tools: https://ahrefs.com/awt
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, Host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions.