The StorySelling Method: Master the Art of Storytelling to Build Trust, Stand Out, and Boost Sales by Philipp Humm
About the Book
Do you struggle to connect with your customers on a personal level?
Do you want to stand out in a very competitive market?
Or do you want to accelerate your sales career?
The StorySelling Method will teach you how to tell powerful stories that actually work in sales.
No fluff, no BS… just straightforward and effective storytelling tactics that will transform your sales game.
The techniques you will learn are the same ones that have helped thousands of professionals at top companies like Google, Oracle, and Visa win more business.
The methods within this book are simple, authentic, and effective.
Whether you’re a sales professional, entrepreneur, or consultant, this StorySelling blueprint is your ultimate resource to unlock your storytelling potential and level up your sales skills.
What to expect from The StorySelling Method:
In this step-by-step guide on everyday business storytelling, you’ll learn how to:
- Turn any moment (even the most boring one) into a captivating story
- Find, craft, and deliver the five fundamental story types that will yield the best results
- Build the confidence to share a story at any opportunity
- Weave stories into any sales conversation naturally and authentically
- Make storytelling an essential part of your communication
These storytelling tactics and techniques will help you:
- Leave magical first impressions
- Become your clients’ trusted advisor
- Communicate the value you’re bringing to the table
- Overcome any sales resistance
- Inspire, motivate, and positively influence anyone around you
Filled with exercises and examples of everyday business storytelling, the book offers pragmatic advice on using stories to wow your customers.
About the Author
Philipp Humm is on a mission to help people discover the storyteller within each of us.
He has helped thousands of sellers, leaders, and entrepreneurs worldwide use stories to inspire in business and beyond. His clients include Google, Visa, and Oracle, to name-drop a few.
Before starting his storytelling business, Philipp worked for nearly a decade at Uber, Bain & Company, and Blackstone.
He discovered his passion for performance arts (acting, improv., and storytelling) during his time in New York while completing his MBA at Columbia University.
His TEDx talk on “The Secret to Building Confidence” was selected as an Editor’s Pick by the global TED organization.
And, interesting fact – according to page 18 of his book, he once received a testimonial that included, “He’s got a German accent that’s hotter than a pretzel straight out of the oven.”
Listen to the Interview…
- The StorySelling Method: Master the Art of Storytelling to Build Trust, Stand Out, and Boost Sales by Philipp Humm (Amazon)
- Power of Storytelling
- The StorySelling Method – Workbook & Exclusive Bonuses
- Philipp Humm (LinkedIn)
- Seshu Badrinath (Connecticut Headshots)
- Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale by Paul Smith (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- The Point: How to Win with Clarity-Fueled Communications by Steve Woodruff (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Elite Sales Strategies: A Guide to Being One-Up, Creating Value, and Becoming Truly Consultative by Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition by Anthony Iannarino (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Write Useful Books: A Modern Approach To Designing And Refining Recommendable Nonfiction by Rob Fitzpatrick
- Alex Hormozi (Amazon)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions