The Sales MBA: How to Influence Corporate Buyers by Douglas Cole
About the Book
Contrary to many predictions, there is a growing demand for highly skilled sales jobs in the modern economy.
Whether you’re a salesperson or a knowledge worker, knowing how to influence corporate buyers has become a critical skill.
But most sales books tend to be narrow and prescriptive.
They focus only on tactics and tools rather than principles and mindset that can redefine your approach.
This is a different kind of sales book. In plain and direct language, the author shows what it means to become a Strategist, a Change Agent, and a Decision Architect.
Referencing the most important research and a wide assortment of field experiences, The Sales MBA explains how companies compete, how organizations evolve, and how people decide.
Whether you sell to companies or lead others who do, this book will strengthen your credibility as a trusted advisor.
About the Author
Douglas Cole is a sales leader at LinkedIn and adviser with startup accelerators in Canada and the United States, and a part-time university lecturer at the Rotman School of Management and the Schulich Executive Education Center in Toronto.
Over more than 20 years in consulting and sales, he has sold tens of millions of dollars and software-as-a-service and advisory work.
He holds an MBA from the Wharton School, a Master’s degree in International Studies from the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, a Master’s degree in English Literature, and a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and English Literature, all from the University of Toronto.
And, interesting fact – He is a big fan of the Hello Kitty brand!
Listen to the Interview…
- The Sales MBA: How to Influence Corporate Buyers by Douglas Cole (Amazon)
- The Sales MBA (book website)
- Douglas Cole (Linkedin)
- Douglas Cole (Twitter)
- The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind by Jonah Berger (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Customer Centricity Playbook: Implement a Winning Strategy Driven by Customer Lifetime Value by Peter Fader and Sarah Toms (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Find Your Yellow Tux: How to Be Successful by Standing Out by Jesse Cole (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Fans First: Change The Game, Break The Rules & Create An Unforgettable Experience by Jesse Cole (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey Moore
- Evolutionary Ideas: Unlocking Ancient Innovation To Solve Tomorrow’s Challenges by Sam Tatam (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- From Impressed to Obsessed: 12 Principles for Turning Customers and Employees into Lifelong Fans by Jon Picoult (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions