Using Behavioral Science in Marketing: Drive Customer Action and Loyalty by Prompting Instinctive Responses by Nancy Harhut
About the Book
Increase engagement, response rates, and the ROI of marketing initiatives with this step-by-step guide to harnessing hardwired consumer behavior and instinctive responses.
Using Behavioral Science in Marketing shows how to apply behavioral science principles in key areas of marketing, including marketing communications, email, direct mail and ad campaigns, social media marketing, and sales funnel conversion strategies.
Highly practical and accessible, it includes case studies and examples from AT&T, Apple, Spotify, and The Wall Street Journal showing how these approaches have been used in practice.
Using Behavioral Science in Marketing also reveals how to increase consumer involvement and engagement, convey exclusivity and desirability, and prompt customer action and loyalty with scientifically proven principles such as autonomy bias, storytelling, and the Von Restorff effect.
Featuring common mistakes to avoid and key takeaways at the end of each chapter, it’s also accompanied by downloadable checklists and an interactive template to use in practice.
In a highly competitive space, where even an incremental advantage can result in significant uplifts, this is a crucial resource to create stand-out and successful marketing-especially for marketers in highly regulated or highly competitive environments.
About the Author
Getting people to take action is what Nancy Harhut is all about. Her specialty is blending creativity with decision science to prompt response.
A frequent speaker at industry conferences, Nancy has shared her passion with audiences worldwide including in London, Sydney, Moscow, Madrid, Stockholm, Sao Paulo, Berlin, and all over the US.
Along the way, she’s been named a Top 40 Digital Strategist, a Top 100 Creative Influencer, a Social Top 50 Email Marketing Leader, and one of The 10 Most Fascinating People in B2B Marketing.
Prior to co-founding HBT Marketing in Boston, Nancy held senior creative management positions with Hill Holliday, Mullen, and Digitas. She and her teams have won over 200 awards for digital and direct marketing effectiveness.
And, interesting fact – she plays the accordion!
Listen to the Interview…
- Using Behavioral Science in Marketing: Drive Customer Action and Loyalty by Prompting Instinctive Responses by Nancy Harhut (Amazon)
- Nancy Harhut (LinkedIn)
- Nancy Harhut (Twitter)
- HBT Marketing
- Unleash Your Primal Brain: Demystifying How We Think and Why We Act by Tim Ash (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- FRICTION―The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage by Roger Dooley (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Von Restorff Effect
- Humanizing B2B: The New Truth in Marketing That Will Transform Your Brand and Your Sales by Paul Cash and James Trezona (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, New and Expanded by Robert Cialdini (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life by Rory Sutherland (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
- Evolutionary Ideas: Unlocking Ancient Innovation To Solve Tomorrow’s Challenges by Sam Tatam (Marketing Book Podcast interview)
P.S. – If you have rated and reviewed the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please let me return the favor and mail you some Marketing Book Podcast bookmarks and laptop stickers. Just click here to provide your postal address (I’ll send it anywhere in the world)! ~Douglas Burdett, host of The Marketing Book Podcast.
Don’t know how to leave an iTunes review? It’s easy – click here for simple instructions